Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Never ending...

Sometimes I feel like I'm so far behind everything in life that I'll never catch up. Other times I'm feeling like I'm actually getting ahead. Either way I have discovered that it's never ending. All of the little things that we have to do are just ongoing and try as I might, I will NEVER be done. But, you know what, I'm beginning to see that it's okay! Sure, my house is probably messy and my car has a funny smell to it. I'm certain that the cats would not get fed often if it weren't for the automatic feeder and please don't ask when I watered the plants last. But, yesterday I did paint egg cartons to look like caterpillars and I made an owl mask too! I took a walk to the park and enjoyed the sunshine. Why? Because of this...

God didn't put us here to survive. He put us here to THRIVE.

We have an amazing God who loves us and he is watching over us. No, he's not going to send some angel to clean my house (although I will accept volunteers...) and he isn't going to make things easy, but he doesn't care if my house is clean either! He wants me to thrive. To take time to love, worship, play, enjoy!

I'm so guilty of working on the house, working on homework, working on SOMETHING that all too often I forget to just breathe.

I'm challenging myself to be still and KNOW that he is GOD. Are you?

1 comment:

The Olive Grove said...

good reminder Emily! I am all too guilty of spending all my time cleaning and not just resting in the Lord and having fun with my little munchkin! Thanks for posting!